The Canadian International School Vietnam is proud to deliver a world class education to students from 26 countries & territories
We envision an environment at CIS where integrated uses of technology inspire innovation, support continuous inquiry, enhance learning and achievement in all academic areas, and enable students to develop critical thinking skills, apply information literacy, foster collaboration and creativity, and manage complexity. We also envision a environment at CIS where all members of the community understand and model responsible, respectful, and ethical uses of technology in personal, social, and academic contexts.
In order to best prepare Canadian International School students for the 21st Century digital economy, it is imperative for our school to be proactive in the technology needs of the school and its community. Effective teaching requires a focus on best practices such as: delivery of instruction, assessment for, of, and as learning, inquiry-based and project-based learning, collaboration, citizenship, critical thinking, innovation and creativity.
The CIS vision of technology is to support our culture of innovation, creativity and collaboration by providing access to technology that empowers students to be self-directed, responsible and adaptable learners in our global and interconnected world, anytime and anywhere.
CIS has supported the Google Apps for Education initiative since 2012, but also embraces the use of wearable technologies, mobile devices, and innovative approaches to learning. The following belief statements guide the realization of this vision:
- Teachers are most effective when they facilitate collaborative student learning through a wide variety of media-rich, interactive, and authentic learning experiences.
- Students thrive when lifelong learning and collaboration in an increasingly digital world are effectively modeled by teachers and administrators.
- Parents play a major role in the education of their children as they work with teachers to connect formal and informal uses of technology.
- Stakeholders from every sector of a learning community are empowered to become leaders and effect positive change.
- A responsible learning community is dedicated to modeling and facilitating a clear understanding of the social, ethical, and legal issues and responsibilities related to our evolving digital culture.