The Canadian International School Vietnam is proud to deliver a world class education to students from 26 countries & territories
CVK - International Kindergarten English Teachers
CVK - International Kindergarten English Teachers
International Teaching Position
Kindergarten English Teachers
Two locations: Phu My Hung, District 7 and Binh Chanh
At the Canadian International School System-Vietnam (CISS) Ho Chi Minh City
2 year position July 31, 2017 - June, 2019
The Canadian International School System (CISS) operates four school programs in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. CISS consists of the Canadian International School—Vietnam (CIS), the Bilingual Canadian International School—Vietnam (BCIS), the Canada-Vietnam Kindergarten (CVK) and the Albert Einstein School – Vietnam (AES).
The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) provides staffing and recruitment consulting services to CISS-VN for CIS, BCIS, CVK and AES. The TDSB also provides consulting services on programming to assist CISS generally and CVK particularly meet and maintain the curriculum standards based on the Province of Ontario standards. All applications are provided to CISS. Applicants are hired by CISS, and if successful, will be an employee of the CISS—VN, reporting to the CISS-VN Principal.
The Canada Vietnam Kindergarten, a member of CISS- VN, is seeking enthusiastic and qualified teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL/ELL) for positions starting August 2017. .
The positions listed in this posting are for the duration of 2-years. The contract period may be extended upon mutual agreement.
Current TDSB staff, who would like to apply, will be considered for a leave of absence from Toronto DSB to CISS- Vietnam when successful in his/her application.
English Teachers for Early Childhood Learners
Listening and Speaking, Reading, Writing, for ESL Early Learners
18 months old to age 6
Required Qualifications and Commitments:
- A valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification and in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (or, be eligible for OCT certification)
- Kindergarten AQ or PYP including a knowledge of and willingness to apply the 2016 Ontario Kindergarten Curriculum and the 2016 Growing Success Kindergarten Addendum as appropriate.
A bit about our program:
Current enrolment at CVK Phu My Hung (PMH) is 340 students, and Binh Chanh (BC) is 100 students- ages 18 months to 6 years divided as follows:
BINH CHANH Campus
- contribute effectively to the ongoing success of the school by providing high quality education for all students, with particular attention to developing students as global learners and citizens;
- establish and contribute to a caring and safe learning environment;
- support all students in developing a love of learning and in achieving their full potential;
- ensure the activities required for project-based emergent curriculum and/or best practices are created, maintained and utilized when planning activities;
- ensure that ESL for an Early Learning Program is designed according to expectations from the Ontario Ministry of Education of Ontario and aligned with current school needs and expectations;
- develop caring and positive relationships with students and staff
- model attributes of the character education program
- participate fully in the development of short and long range teaching/department plans and implement
effective teaching and learning strategies that include the use of technology;
- develop assessment, evaluation, and reporting strategies and practices specific to ESL learners
- work as a member of the professional learning community to share effective practices
- provide rich learning experiences for students and use meaningful and authentic print and digital learning resources;
- work with the school leadership team in the implementation of school improvement plan; and
- inspire public confidence in CVK programs by developing positive relationships with the school community
- Knowledge of and willingness to apply the 2016 Ontario Kindergarten Curriculum and the 2016 Growing Success Kindergarten Addendum.
- Commitment to creating a school culture that is caring, collaborative, safe, and responsive to the needs of all students.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teachers, parents, administrators, and students.
- Experience in teaching English as a Second Language for Early Learners is an asset
- Knowledge of play-based acquisition of literacy, numeracy skills and evidenced-based practice in early childhood
- Experience in the use of computer technology(e.g email, internet, Microsoft Office etc.)
Remuneration is based on experience and qualifications. It also includes housing allowance, costs of flights to and from Toronto or Vancouver to Ho Chi Minh City once per year, a one-time settling-in allowance, free tuition for the first child and a 50% reduction in tuition fees for the second child. Basic medical and health insurance up to $1,000 USD provided.
The position is for 2017-2019 school years.
Application Process: Submit the following:
- Cover letter;
- The names and contact information (tel. number(s). + email addresses) of three (3) professional references.
Your referees are, preferably, those who have been in a supervisory role to you and who can be readily contacted to provide a reference by phone or email.
Submit your application online to: http://surveys.tdsb.on.ca/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/521923/lang/en
If you have questions, please contact:
Ms Hang Tran, CVK Principal
Mr. Andreas Ghabrial