The Canadian International School Vietnam is proud to deliver a world class education to students from 26 countries & territories
CIS has formed a Technology Committee as an advisory group whose members represent a range of teachers. The committee’s primary interest is the alignment of technology with the school long range plan; specifically the goal of applying technology to educate students using current technology and practise.
The long range plan for the district will include hardware, software focused on improved learning outcomes. The aim of the committee is to:
- Provide input into the school’s technology plan.
- Provide ongoing recommendations on the plan, revising as appropriate.
- Monitor/advise on plan alignment with the school mission and provide recommendations for achieving those goals.
- Provide assistance with the implementation of goals when appropriate.
- Provide advice on how the school can impart technology and Internet-based offerings to the community and enhance school/community interaction.
- Provide advice and recommendations on how to effectively measure the impact that technology within the school has on its students’ learning.
- Consider the impact of new technology on potential learning opportunities for students.
- Gain an understanding of the school’s technology plan and share this with members of the community.
- Understand and share the research.
- Ensure that research is included as a basis for making sound instructional technology decisions.
- Create the liaison and ongoing school professional development to support improved learning.