The Canadian International School Vietnam is proud to deliver a world class education to students from 26 countries & territories
CIS PROGRAM (OSSD & IB)
CIS PROGRAM (OSSD & IB)
CIS is the first and only school in Vietnam to currently offer the general curriculum of Ontario (Canada) for students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Established and developed since 2009, CIS started its journey of education in cooperation with wellknown and respected educatinal district school boards in Ontario: the District School Board of Niagara (DSBN) from 2009 to June 2014, and the Toronto District School Board (TDBS) since July 2014. As the current largest school board in North America, TDSB has a long and profound experience in educating international students in the multicultural environment of Toronto - the center of commerce and finance in Canada.
A WORLD-CLASS EDUCATION AT CIS-VIETNAM
- The general curriculum of Ontario (K-12) is managed by the experienced, accredited Canadian leadership team and taught entirely in English by trained academic staff qualified according to Ontario Ministry of Education standards and the Ontario College of Teachers.
- The consulting school board in Canada provides advice about Ontario pedagogy and curriculum of educational activities at CIS similar to Ontario standards.
- The consulting school board in Canada supports the school in the recruitment of qualified, Ontario Certified Teachers, recommending learning resources and planning professional learning opportunities.
- The consulting school board in Canada conducts annual inspections of the CIS program as part of a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Students are given the choice to finish Grade 12 at CIS in Vietnam to achieve the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) following a pathway to graduation approved by the Ontario Ministry of Education, or at a secondary school in a school board in Ontario.
- On March 9, 2015, we received official notification from IBO (International Baccalaureate Organization) that CIS-Vietnam is now an authorized IB World School, offering the IB Dilopma Programme for students in Grades 11 and 12.
- Both OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) and IB Dilomas are recognized for admission to prestigious universities world-wide.
- A experienced Canadian guidance counsellor provides on-going advice and support to secondary students to successfully complete applications for admission to universities around the world.
- CIS provides an international educational environment with students from 26 countries and regions.
- CIS provides complete state-of-the-art facilities meeting Vietnam's highest standards for international schools to ensure our comprehensive educational aims can be achieved.
For more information about our academic program, please kindly choose the divisions you are interested.