The Canadian International School Vietnam is proud to deliver a world class education to students from 26 countries & territories
BCIS International Teaching Positions
BCIS International Teaching Positions
The Canadian International School System (CISS) operates four school programs in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. CISS consists of the Canadian International School—Vietnam (CIS), the Bilingual Canadian International School—Vietnam (BCIS), the Canada-Vietnam Kindergarten (CVK) and the Albert Einstein School – Vietnam (AES).
The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) provides staffing and recruitment consulting services to CISS-VN for CIS, BCIS, CVK and AES. The TDSB also provides consulting services on programming to assist CISS-VN meet and maintain the curriculum standards based on the Province of Ontario standards. All applications are provided to CISS. Applicants are hired by CISS, and if successful, will be an employee of the CISS—VN, reporting to the CISS-VN Principal.
The positions listed in this posting are for the duration of 2-years. The contract period may be extended upon mutual agreement.
Current TDSB staff, who would like to apply, will be considered for a leave of absence from Toronto DSB to CIS- Vietnam when successful in his/her application.
Required Qualifications and Commitments:
- Teacher certification in the subject specialization and division for the above position
- A valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification and in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (or have eligibility to become in good standing with OCT with another Canadian certification)
- English as a Second Language Part 1 additional qualification or willing to undertake in 2016 – 2017 online AQ course
- Contribute effectively to the ongoing success of the school in providing high quality education for all students, with particular attention to developing students as global learners and citizens;
- Establish and contribute to a caring and safe learning environment;
- Support all students in developing a love of learning and in achieving their full potential;
- Ensure that all students develop literacy competencies through creativity, communication, collaboration, and thinking skills;
- Develop caring and positive relationships with students and staff
- Model attributes of the character education program
- Participate fully in the development of short and long range teaching/department plans and implement effective teaching and learning strategies that include use of technology;
- Develop assessment, evaluation, and reporting strategies and practices specific to ELL learners
- Work as a member of the professional learning community to share effective practices, provide rich learning experiences for students and use meaningful and authentic print and digital learning resources;
- Work with the school leadership team in the implementation of school improvement work; and
- Inspire public confidence in BCIS programs by developing positive relationships with the school community.
- Commitment to creating a school culture that is caring, collaborative, safe, and responsive to the needs of all students.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teachers, parents, administrators, and students.
- Experience in teaching English Language Learners is an asset
- A commitment to attaining ESL Part 1
- Open to feedback and learning.
Remuneration is based on experience and qualifications. It also includes housing allowance, costs of flight to and from Toronto or Vancouver to Ho Chi Minh City once per year, a one-time settling-in allowance, free tuition for the first child and a 50% reduction in tuition fees for the second child. Basic medical and health insurance up to $1,000 USD provided.
The position is for 2017-2019 school years beginning July 31, 2017.
- Submit the following:
Your cover letter;
The names and contact information (tel. number(s). + email addresses) of three (3) professional references.
Your referees are, preferably, those who have been in a supervisory role to you and who can be readily contacted to provide a reference by phone or email.
- Submit your application online to: http://surveys.tdsb.on.ca/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/521923/lang/en
If you have questions, please contact: Bonnie Thibodeau, BCIS Principal
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian International School Bilingual-Vietnam (BCIS-VN) is a renowned International private school in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. BCIS-VN has received approval from the Ministry of Education and Training in Vietnam and the Department of Education and Training in Ho Chi Minh City to accept both Vietnamese nationals and expatriate nationals learning together as students in our school. The school’s languages of instruction are Vietnamese and English. The Canadian International School - Bilingual is committed to providing outstanding learning opportunities for our students to demonstrate academic excellence. We have chosen to follow the structure and curriculum used in Canadian public schools in the Province of Ontario, Canada for the English program in our school.
The BCIS-VN Academic Leadership Team (1-12) is comprised of experienced and accredited system and school leaders from Ontario who are building a professional learning community in an international setting committed to enhancing student learning and achievement. At BCIS we understand the importance of providing a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all of our students. We are committed to the intellectual and personal development of each student and our core objectives, we believe, prepare all students for a purposeful life as a global citizen in the 21st century.
We know our greatest asset is our teaching staff. We recruit Canadian trained, Ontario certified educators who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers. Delivering instruction using the inclusive Ontario curriculum at all grade levels Grade 1–Grade 12, our dedicated teachers provide a caring environment committed to the individual success of each student. Our Character Education in Action program is exemplary.
For more information, visit http://bcis.edu.vn