The Canadian International School Vietnam is proud to deliver a world class education to students from 26 countries & territories
CVK - International Lead Teacher
CVK - International Lead Teacher
The Canadian International School System (CISS) operates four school programs in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. CISS consists of the Canadian International School—Vietnam (CIS), the Bilingual Canadian International School—Vietnam (BCIS), the Canada-Vietnam Kindergarten (CVK) and the Albert Einstein School – Vietnam (AES).
The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) provides staffing and recruitment consulting services to CISS-VN for CIS, BCIS, CVK and AES. The TDSB also provides consulting services on programming to assist CISS-VN meet and maintain the curriculum standards based on the Province of Ontario standards. All applications are provided to CISS. Applicants are hired by CISS, and if successful, will be an employee of the CISS—VN, reporting to the CISS-VN Principal.
Canada Vietnam Kindergarten a member of CISS- VN, is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL) for positions starting August 2017. .
The position listed in this posting is for the duration of 2-years. The contract period may be extended upon mutual agreement.
Current TDSB staff, who would like to apply, will be considered for a leave of absence from Toronto DSB to CIS- Vietnam when successful in his/her application.
1.0 full-time Lead Teacher
Listening and Speaking, Reading, Writing, for ESL Early Learners
18 months old to age 6
Required Qualifications and Commitments:
Teacher certification in Early Years
- Teacher certification in the subject specialization and division for the above position
- Full Day Kindergarten additional qualification (FDK Specialist an asset) or PYP Certification
- A valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification and in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (or have eligible to be certified by OCT )
- English as a Second Language Part 1 additional qualification or willing to undertake in 2017-2018
- Knowledge of The Kindergarten Program 2016 (Thinking about Learning and Teaching in the Four Frames)
- In partnership with the school principal, manages and develops Canadian teachers in terms of teaching, learning, planning, and kindergarten pedagogy.
- Assists in the planning, presentation and instruction for professional learning including but not limited to professional development/ professional learning days
- Mentors teachers new to the program and/or new to teaching
- Works with the Leadership Team in reviewing assessment practices particularly related to reporting, proofs report cards
- Provides and models teaching strategies for example, co-teaching
- Maintains up to date emergency forms, curriculum plans, individual child development profile and other records as needed
- Ensures that the English Team is updated in all matters concerning the classroom and program, i.e. English Team Meetings, lesson plans, policies & procedures….
- Completes yearly performance evaluations.
- As required, works with TDSB on SIP, SSA, and Evidence Summary
Lead Teacher Duties include:
Like all CVK teachers:
- Contributes effectively to the ongoing success of the school in providing high quality education for all students, with particular attention to developing students as global learners and citizens;
- Establishes and contribute to a caring and safe learning environment;
- Supports all students in developing a love of learning and in achieving their full potential;
- Ensures that all students develop in literacy competencies through creativity, communication, and thinking skills;
- Develops caring and positive relationships with students and staff, in particular model the qualities of the Ontario character education;
- Participates fully in the development of short and long range teaching/department plans and implement effective teaching and learning strategies that include use of technology;
- Develops assessment, evaluation, and reporting strategies and practices specific to ESL learners
- Facilitates the professional learning community to share effective practices, provide rich learning experiences for students and use meaningful and authentic print and digital learning resources;
- Works with the school leadership team in the implementation of school improvement work; and
- Inspires public confidence in CVK programs by developing positive relationships with parents and the school community.
Skills & Abilities
- Early Child Development knowledge and experience.
- Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude/disposition
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
- Ability to use the computer to input developmental data.
- Commitment to creating a school culture that is caring, collaborative, safe, and responsive to the needs of all students.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teachers, parents, administrators, and students.
- Experience in teaching English as a Second Language for Early Learners is an asset
- Open to feedback and learning.
Remuneration is based on experience and qualifications. It also includes housing allowance, costs of flight to and from Toronto or Vancouver to Ho Chi Minh City once per year, a one-time settling-in allowance, free tuition for the first child and a 50% reduction in tuition fees for the second child and others. Basic medical and health insurance up to $1,000 USD provided.
The position is for 2017 – 2019 school years commencing ASAP.
● Submit the following:
○ Cover letter;
○ The names and contact information (tel. number(s). + email addresses) of three (3) professional references.
Your referees are, preferably, those who have been in a supervisory role to you and who can be readily contacted to provide a reference by phone or email.
Submit your application online to: http://surveys.tdsb.on.ca/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/521923/lang/en
If you have questions, please contact:
Ms. Hang Tran, CVK Principal
Mr. Andreas Ghabrial