The Canadian International School Vietnam is proud to deliver a world class education to students from 26 countries & territories
International Teaching Positions – Elementary
Positions beginning January 2018
Contract Term January 2018 – June 2019 (1.5 Years)
At the Canadian International School System-Vietnam (CISS) Ho Chi Minh City
The Canadian International School System (CISS) operates four school programs in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. CISS consists of the Canadian International School—Vietnam (CIS), the Bilingual Canadian International School—Vietnam (BCIS), the Canada-Vietnam Kindergarten (CVK) and the Albert Einstein School – Vietnam.
The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) provides staffing and recruitment consulting services to CISS-VN for CIS, BCIS and CVK. The TDSB also provides consulting services on programming to assist CISS-VN meet and maintain the curriculum standards based on the Province of Ontario standards. All applications are provided to CISS. Applicants are hired by CISS, and if successful, will be an employee of the CISS—VN, reporting to the CISS-VN Principal.
The positions listed in this posting are for the duration of 1.5 years. The contract period may be extended upon mutual agreement.
Current TDSB staff, who would like to apply, will be considered for a leave of absence from Toronto DSB to CIS-Vietnam when successful in his/her application.
|MUSIC||K-8 (Junior/Intermediate focus)|
Note*: Music Position Jan-Jun 2018; August 2018- June 2019 position could be Elementary Homeroom Teacher based on school needs.
Required Qualifications and Commitments:
- Teacher certification for Primary, Junior and Intermediate with a focus on Music
- A valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification and in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (or have eligibility to become in good standing with OCT with another Canadian certification)
- English as a Second Language Part 1 additional qualification or willing to undertake an online AQ course in 2018.
- Contribute effectively to the ongoing success of the school in providing high quality education and for all students, with particular attention to developing students as global learners and citizens;
- Support all students in developing a love of learning and in achieving their full potential;
- Implement the grade and subjects taught based on the Ontario Curriculum and by using research-informed and student-centered pedagogy;
- Ensure that all students develop competencies in literacy and numeracy, creativity, excellent communication, collaboration, thinking skills;
- Develop caring and positive relationships with students and staff
- Model the attributes celebrated in the Ontario character education program;
- Participate fully in the development of short and long range teaching/department plans and implement effective teaching and learning strategies that include use of technology;\
- Ensure that the assessment, evaluation, and reporting strategies and practices are informed and meet the standards of Ontario, Canada;
- Lead, coordinate and/or support co-curricular activities, sports, and school events such as arts and culture;
- Establish and contribute to an inclusive, caring and safe learning environment;
- Work as a professional learning community to share effective practices, provide rich learning experiences for students and use meaningful and authentic print and digital learning resources;
- Work with the school leadership team in the implementation of school improvement work; and inspire public confidence in the school community
- Experience in implementing and a deep understanding of the Ontario curriculum in the teacher’s respective teaching assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teachers, parents, administrators, and students.
- Commitment to creating a school culture that is caring, collaborative, safe, and responsive to the needs of all students.
- Open to feedback and learning.
- Experience in teaching English Language Learners is an asset in addition to having qualifications in English as a Second Language.
Remuneration is based on experience and qualifications. It also includes housing allowance, costs of flight to and from Canada (Toronto or Vancouver) to Ho Chi Minh City once per year, a one-time settling-in allowance, free tuition for the first child and a 50% reduction in tuition fees for the second child. Basic medical and health insurance is provided.
Start Date: January 2, 2018
Submit the following:
- Your cover letter;
- Your resume including your current OCT
- The names and contact information (tel. number(s). + email addresses) of three (3) professional references. Your referees are, preferably, those who have been in a supervisory role to you and who can be readily contacted to provide a reference by phone or email.
✓ Submit your application online to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to: email@example.com
If you have questions, please contact: Andreas Ghabrial
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian International School –Vietnam
The Canadian International School-Vietnam (CIS-VN) is a renowned International private school in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. CIS-VN has received approval from the Ministry of Education and Training in Vietnam and the Department of Education and Training in Ho Chi Minh City to accept both Vietnamese nationals and expatriate nationals learning together as students in our school. The school’s language of instruction is English. The Canadian International School is committed to providing outstanding learning opportunities for our students to demonstrate academic excellence. We have chosen to follow the structure and curriculum used in Canadian public schools in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
The CIS-VN Academic Leadership Team (K-12) is comprised of experienced and accredited system and school leaders from Ontario who are building a professional learning community in an international setting committed to enhancing student learning and achievement. At CIS we understand the importance of providing a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all of our students. We are committed to the intellectual and personal development of each student and our core objectives, we believe, prepare all students for a purposeful life as a global citizen in the 21st century.
We know our greatest asset is our teaching staff. We recruit Canadian trained, Ontario certified educators who are members in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers. Delivering instruction using the inclusive Ontario curriculum at all grade levels Kindergarten –Grade 12, our dedicated teachers provide a caring environment committed to the individual success of each student. Our Character Education in Action program is exemplary.
For more information, visit http://www.cis.edu.vn