The Canadian International School Vietnam is proud to deliver a world class education to students from 26 countries & territories
BCIS - Vietnamese Secondary Vice Principal
BCIS - Vietnamese Secondary Vice Principal
Position of Secondary Vice Principal
BILINGUAL CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, BCIS
HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM
The Canadian International School System – Vietnam (CISS) consists of
● The Canadian International School (CIS) serving Kindergarten – Grade 12 students where the Ontario curriculum is taught. The IB Diploma Programme is also offered to students in Grades 11 and 12.
● The Bilingual Canadian International School (BCIS) serving Grade 1 -12 where both Vietnamese and Ontario curriculum based on STEP assessment, ESL guidelines, are taught.
● The Canada-Vietnam Kindergarten (CVK) serving children ages 2 – 5 years.
● The Albert Einstein School (AES) where the Vietnamese curriculum is taught and students learn English 17 periods per week using the EDExcel Program..
The Board of Directors of the Canadian International School System Vietnam (CISS) is seeking a dynamic, experienced and committed educational leader for the position of Elementary Vice-Principal for their Canadian International School (CIS) located in Ho Chi Minh City, Phu My Hung, District 7, Vietnam.
The Bilingual Canadian International School delivers the Vietnamese National Program and the English program is based on the Ontario ESL curriculum.
BCIS is committed to providing outstanding learning opportunities for students to demonstrate academic excellence, life skills and character development. The School Improvement Plan is built on three pillars: Literacy, Character Education and Life of the School. Upon completion of all requirements, BCIS students receive their National Diploma.
Currently BCIS employs 65 Vietnamese and Canadian teachers. All of whom are certified through Vietnamese universities or, as English teachers are qualified or eligible to be qualified through the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT).
The Leadership Team consists of a Canadian and a Vietnamese Elementary Vice-Principal, a Secondary Principal and a Vietnamese Vice Principal .
The Vice Principal is an employee of the CISS and will report to the Principal and the Board of Directors of the CISS, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Job Description of the Vice Principal
- Supports the CISS educational vision and strategic directions in building a world class private school system as determined by the Board of Directors;
- Support the work of the Board of Directors on new initiatives to widen the scope of BCIS’s Vietnamese programs and activities;
- Is accountable for student achievement and well-being, student enrolment and retention, and sustainability of a highly qualified Vietnamese staff;
- Works collaboratively with the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team of Principals and Vice Principals, the Operations Manager, all academic and administrative staff, parents and community partners;
- Communicates effectively with staff, students and parents
- As an instructional leader engages and meets the needs of BCIS students;
- Supports the direction established as a Canadian based school and supports the leadership team and specifically the Academic Deans in programming and pedagogical classroom teaching and assessment strategies
- Academic Deans, in consultation with the vice-principal, are responsible for teachers’ performance appraisals and their Annual Learning Plans.
- Promotes and models strategic use of data to improve learning
- Ensures a safe, caring and dynamic learning environment and positive school culture;
- With the leadership team, implements the annual school improvement planning process and works to ensure the School Improvement Plans are aligned and coherent with the Board of Directors’ vision and strategic directions;
- Supports the Academic Deans in strategic and systematic professional learning of the teaching staff of BCIS;
- Designs and delivers professional learning aligned to the school improvement plan
- Mentors and supports teachers new to the profession
- Assists in the recruiting and hiring of Vietnamese staff and specifically English academic staff to ensure high quality teaching and teaching methodologies that meet the needs of students.
- Liaises with the DOET and MOET for BCIS.
- Knows, understands and communicates all expectations of the MOET and DOET for Vietnamese program delivery and assessment.
- Ensures Vietnamese teachers are fulfilling all expectations from Ministries
- Ensures all required documentation/reports are completed, compiled, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Checks the DOET websites daily for news/ information.
- Attends all Ministry initiated meetings and updates leadership team and staff on instructions for teaching and learning, and shares all information.
- Assumes managerial duties including but not limited to:
- the organization and coordination of exam schedules and class schedules/timetables
- reading and signing report cards;
- dealing with student behavioural issues and student absences and lates;
- Teachers report absences/lates to vice-principal
- responsible for and ensure preparation of graduation and celebratory ceremonies;
- provide regular staff meetings and minutes of same;
- work with transportation personnel to ensure student safety on buses.
- Cooperates with PR Marketing to provide information and marketing opportunities
- Meets with dormitory assistants and supervisors to maintain up-to-date information, offer advice about keeping students safe and discipline, and help them develop independence.
- Works with teachers to develop plans for student academic improvement
- Identify at-risk students, update lists of students remaining for additional after-school support or activities, and ensure their safety,
- Communicate academic concerns with parents
- Communicates facility issues to appropriate personnel and follows up to ensure issues have been addressed.
Duties as assigned by the Leadership Chair and/or Principal